recs @ dreamwidth.org
Multi-Fandom Fanfic Recommendations
Something for everybody... 
25th-Apr-2004 01:12 pm
Harry Potter, Draco/Hermione (sort of), R: Prudence Will Punish by [livejournal.com profile] switchknife - Draco discovers an unlikely side to his personality.

F1, Michael/Eddie, NC-17: Duty Free by Praedo - A chance meeting in the airport's duty free shop leads to a walk down memory lane...

LotR RPS, Sean Bean/Orlando, PG: The Towel by [livejournal.com profile] darknight999 - A delightful little ficlet based on a photo...

Troy / Greek Mythology, Hector/Helen/Paris, NC-17: The Spartan's Hero by [livejournal.com profile] perseph2hades - Hector is indeed all things to all people.

Harry Potter, Percy/Draco, R: Third Party Loyalties by Mousapelli - Percy gets a promotion, and acquires an unlikely friend along the way.

Impromptu, Franz Liszt/Frederic Chopin, PG: Seeking Fire by [livejournal.com profile] evremonde
sandrine: (slash)
Comments 
25th-Apr-2004 03:34 pm (UTC)
Eeee, thank you!
26th-Apr-2004 02:09 am (UTC)
sandrine: (thank you (Pacey/Joey))
Not at all. Thank you for sharing that lovely story. (Even if it meant you didn't only make me read HP het but Draco/Pansy, technically. *shivers* ;))
26th-Apr-2004 10:29 am (UTC)
Well, if Draco/Pansy squicks you, then perhaps my Voldemort/His mother (http://www.skyehawke.com/archive/story.php?no=1006) might squick you more... :D :D :D
26th-Apr-2004 11:01 am (UTC)
sandrine: (slash)
Wow. While it's certainly a bit disturbing, I really, really love this one. I've always found that Tom is lacking a bit of a background/reasoning behind his actions, and you've managed to provide him with it in surprisingly few (but beautifully written) words. *impressed* :)

On second though, what surprises me is that this doesn't actually squick me, but any Draco/Lucius, no matter how well-written, does.
26th-Apr-2004 12:32 pm (UTC)
Whoa, you liked it! *is amazed* I kept thinking that I might have lost my mind throughout the story--I got asked to write Voldemort/Bellatrix, but my true, secret obsession was Tom and his mother, and that's, er, what came out. (I managed to tack on the Voldemort/Bellatrix as Tom's coming to terms with his mother, but the true pairing is always the Oedipal one. :D I was a bit disturbed at the things my psyche came up with.)

Interesting that Draco/Lucius squicks you! Perhaps you haven't read these?

- 'Tie Me to the Length of That (http://www.skyehawke.com/archive/story.php?no=77)' by Slytherlynx. (More pre-slash than slash, but YOUCH. Brilliant. Actually, read all of Slytherlynx's Lucius/Draco stories (http://www.subumbra.com/slytherlynx/fics.html). Or any stories by her at all. Trust me.)

- 'Consider Them Strong (http://joyce.jteers.net/SQ/fics/consider.html)' by SQ. (Again, no actual father/son sex, but gorgeous and subversive.)

- 'Psychobabble: A Fanon Love Story (http://www.livejournal.com/users/tradescant/116565.html#cutid1)' by Tradescant. (This is pure humor on crack--just delightful, and contains Harry/Draco as well.)

- 'Keepsake (http://papermoon.crackerbox.nu/keepsake.html)' by Aspen. (No actual father/son sex, but just a delicate edge of sexual tension.)

- 'Lunar (http://dracolucius.curvedspaces.com/lunarcaresses.htm)' by M.E. Graves. (Just heartbreaking. Again, no explicit incest, just references.)

- 'Filios (http://www.zenmai.net/keieru/words/f-filios.html)' by Keieru. (This one has other men abusing Draco, but just a bit of an incestuous overtone near the end.)

Sorry for the obsessive reccing! But, er. I sort of rec for a living.
27th-Apr-2004 01:26 pm (UTC)
sandrine: (slash)
Well, I don't think Tom Riddle can be portrayed as anything but conflicted and disturbed, and I think you've really done him justice in that story!

Thank you for the recs!

Admittedly, while those are really well-written, I can't get past my Lucius/Draco squick-factor.

"Psychobabble" cracked me up, though. I generally don't like humor fics (or comedies at all), but that was just hilarious. I almost fell off my chair here! (Though, the mental image of Lucius, Harry and the cane was rather... appealing, to say the least! *gurgle*)
15th-Aug-2004 09:04 am (UTC)
Thank you :) I've never been rec'ed before, to my knowledge.
That's remarkably touching!
This page was loaded Sep 22nd 2026, 10:21 am GMT.